Chicken Salad Sandwiches
This recipe originated here:
But I have changed it enough to re-write it:
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups grapes
1 pound cooked chicken, diced or shredded
6 oz plain, non-dairy yogurt
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 teas chives
1/2 cup celery, green pepper, and onion mix (I buy the frozen mix and thaw)
2 Tbsp sweet relish
Seasoning Salt to Taste (I prefer Lawry’s)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Pita Bread or Sandwich Bread
1. Cut up the apple, stir the apple in Lemon Juice.
2. Quarter the grapes.
3. In a bowl, combine the cooked chicken, yogurt, and dijon mustard. Fold in the celery, green pepper, onion, and sweet relish. Mix well.
4. Add the apple and grapes to the mixture.
5. Add desired seasoning salt, pepper, or plain salt.
6. Serve on bread of your choice! We prefer pita bread.