Cranberry (or Blueberry) Applesauce Muffins
Here is my adapted recipe:
Makes 24 Muffins
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup vegetable oil
Ener-G Egg Replacer (follow instructions on box to replace 2 eggs)
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (or blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together applesauce and oil.
- Mix the Ener-G Egg Replacer. Once complete, mix with applesauce and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the applesauce, oil, and Egg Replacer mixer. Stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries/blueberries. Spoon into muffin cups, 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing.