*Makes 5 Cups
- 1 So Delicious Coconut Yogurt (any flavor)
- 4 ounces So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 4 ounces sweet potato (cooked & pureed)
- small handful of baby spinach or kale (raw)
- 5 baby carrots (raw)
- half of a small zucchini (raw)
- 1.5 cups juice (I prefer the juice that is a fruit/veggie blend)
- 2 cups frozen fruit (I use a packaged mix of strawberries, mango, pineapple, and peaches)
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ, flax seed, chia seed, or hemp seed (for an extra nutritional boost!)
Mix all ingredients in the blender (put the liquids and soft veggies in first for easier blending).
*For sweet potatoes, steam an entire sweet potato, puree with a little bit of water and then freeze in an ice cube tray. Once frozen, remove and store in a freezer bag. Pull out a couple cubes at a time for smoothies (thaw in the microwave first for easier blending). This works with nearly any vegetable!
*Store in a Thermos and it can be enjoyed all day long.
*Click here for information about the relationship between coconut and tree nuts if your child is allergic to tree nuts.
Click here to visit my page on Facebook and "like" me to receive my blog posts automatically.