Homemade Chicken Nuggets
If you are looking to avoid processed chicken nuggets, try making your own at home! There are lots of seasoning options, so play around until you find one that works for you. I've combined a couple of different recipes for my go-to nugget.
The crispiness is not maintained through re-heating, so make just what you plan on eating for one meal.
1/3 cup soymilk
2 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¾ cups panko crumbs
1 pound chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a baking pan with a greased baking rack if available.
2. Cut chicken into the size pieces you prefer.
3. Mix soymilk and mustard in a shallow bowl.
4. Mix spices and panko crumbs in a shallow bowl.
5. Dip chicken pieces one at a time into milk and mustard mix and coat. Then, dip into spice mixture, coating completely.
6. Place on baking rack.
7. Cook for 30 minutes (may take shorter or longer based on the size of the nuggets).