I combined two recipes to create my own version of tomato soup. It can be as chunky as you like based on how much you blend it. Even fully blended it will be thicker than a canned soup version. If you prefer a thin version, try adding some vegetable or chicken broth.
I started with these two recipes, and you'll find mine below:
This is a large recipe, it makes 3-4 quarts.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 6oz white wine
- 5 (16-ounce) cans tomatoes (diced, whole, or stewed)
- 1 can Lite Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cans white beans (or around 3-4 cups cooked beans)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil, add onions and cook until translucent.
2. Add garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add wine and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, balsamic vinegar, thyme, oregano, and beans. Simmer for around 30 minutes.
5. Blend with either a blender or immersion blender to desired consistency.
6. Salt to taste.